Friday, March 11, 2011

40 Days & 40 Nights

Some people use Lent as a second New Year's Resolution or as a 40 day diet plan.  I'm not gonna lie, I've given up edible guilty pleasures as well. Guilty as charged.  Chocolate and ice cream are my usual suspects for Lent but this year I decided that I really need to dig deep and give up my guiltiest pleasure.  I know this might sound crazy but I realized that my biggest indulgence is SOCIAL NETWORKING. *gasp* So yes, this year I have given up Facebook and Twitter.  Obviously I have given up other things but I choose to keep those to myself.

I cut myself off as soon as my clock struck midnight.  I am about 48 hours in and I can tell you right now that this is gonna be the most challenging Lent for me yet. Every morning when I wake up I allow myself an extra 10-15 minutes to check my email, Facebook and Twitter, this has been my routine for a couple years already.  I enjoy my dose of light weight stalking first thing in the morning.  Facebook and Twitter curb my boredom and have become habit when I am "idle".   So now I challenge myself to find other ways to entertain myself.  By Easter I hope to have broken my social media habit.  We shall see how that goes. lol

I know I kept saying I was going to blog more often but I have been SO incredibly busy.  I will re-cap my past few months in a later post.  

My eyes are heavy.

Sweet dreams

-Patricia

No comments: